Wednesday, June 10, 2009

1st post

My welcoming blog post doesn't count, this is the 1st blog required of me in my datamin class and it has to be about me so here it goes;

I'm Paolo Augusto Martinez Barcelon, Paolo because that was the christian name given to me at birth, named after Peter and Paul as far as I know. Augusto because that is the first name of my late gradfather Augusto "Barcy" Barcelon with who I also share my nickname, more on that later. Martinez is my mother's maiden name, her former surname before she got married. And lastly Barcelon, my dad's surname since the father's surname is the only one carried over.

My nickname is currently Barcy, Ive had several nicknames but Barcy seems to have stuck. Ive also been called Pao, Pablo, Barce (Bar-ss) among other names. My grandfather was called Barcy, he was pretty famous from what I've heard, I didn't know him very well. He was called one of the magnificent 7 businessmen which sadly I heard t his funeral, I regret only getting to know him and only learning more about him at his funeral.

I'm 22 years old which is older than most students at DLSU-C, because I had a longer gradeschool and highschool than the local students. Not that I'm foreign, but in some ways, I may as well be. I studied in Southridge till grade 7 which was the last before highschool, I'm still awaiting the yearbook. For high school I moved to Brent Mamplasan, which for me is the best school Ive ever been in, I dont say studied because I'm not really known for being "studious". However when I moved to Brent I was deemed to be too young to go to high school at the time and ended up in grade 8 which is another year of middle school as they called it. After graduating I also took a year off of school and took up a course in cooking and an etiquette school at John Robert Powers.

When I finally entered DLSU-C, I had no idea what I wanted to take up (I still don't). I chose Business Management, Engineering , and Communication. Business because from what Ive heard from my father, who has an engineering masters degree, the business tools he learned were more useful than the engineering ones. I choose engineering because that is what my father took up and communication because I imagined that I would be very good at english related subjects because I took up IB high level Literature while in Brent and did well.

lastly, here's our teacher who required this typing; http://monlearning.blogspot.com/
and my current place of suffer.. err studying ; http://www.canlubang.dlsu.edu.ph/

1 comment: